Friday, June 3, 2016

Day 0 minus 1: California Here I Come

Friday.  6:00 AM flight to San Francisco.  The nice surprise was that America By Bicycle was already set up to register riders and assemble bikes.  That wasn't supposed to occur until Saturday.  So I am checked in, my bike is ready, and my bike case is on its way to New Hampshire to meet me when I finish.

There are 22 riders making the full coast to coast trip.  18 men and 4 women.  Riders are from the US, Germany, England, and the Netherlands.  Five additional riders are joining for various sections of the tour.

There is a 20 mile bike path behind the hotel so I'm planning a warm up ride tomorrow before the afternoon meeting, just to make sure my bike is adjusted correctly and to work out the jitters.

Then Sunday the fun begins.


8 comments:

  1. I will enjoy following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Laura. Lots of preparation behind you. YOU ARE READY! Enjoy the journey, both the internal as well as the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your reading your story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your reading your story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this blog... Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck :) Sounds like an amazing journey. Looking forward to hearing about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete